At this time, TFE Solutions has one employee. An overview of his experience is provided below, and an expanded resume, in RAA format, can be provided on request.
Thomas J Frenock
President & Engineering/Management Consultant
President and consultant in engineering management, systems engineering, quality management, and project management for the aerospace industry
Depth of Experience
Over 35 years experience in aerospace and air traffic management
Breadth of Experience
Hands-on execution, management, and mentoring in systems engineering, product development, and horizontal integration teams across aircraft, launch-vehicle, and air traffic management programs
Fields of Expertise
Systems engineering, project management, AS9100 consulting and audit, requirements development and verification, interface documentation and verification, trade studies and decision support, organizational knowledge management, process development
Experience in working with DARPA, FAA, NASA, RoK AF, USAF, US Army, USN, ATK, Boeing, Dassault Systemes, GEC Marconi Avionics, Honeywell, Northrop Grumman, Sea Launch, Smiths
TFE Solutions, Inc. (7 years) – Engineering/Management Consultant
- Developed and used engineering organization assessment process and evaluation tool
- Developed engineering processes and training materials to improve program execution
- Trained and worked with team to improve current requirements through decomposition and allocation
- Hands-on development of aircraft flight test program planning
Andrews Space, Inc. (1 year) – Director of Engineering and SE/QMS Consultant
- Developed external/internal ICDs for Ares I Attitude Control Motor (ACM) and Ares I-X first stage
- Derived ICD-sourced requirements, decomposed requirements for ACM and Ares I-X first stage
- Management Representative for AS9100 implementation at Andrews Space
- Proposal management
The Boeing Company (23 years) – Systems Engineer & Systems Engineering Manager
- Sr. SE Manager, P-8A MMA Aircraft AIT. Lead and participated in requirements analysis and decomposition to CI-level, verification planning, ICD development for inter-IPT interfaces (aircraft, mission systems, special design features, CLS, training, international systems integration)
- Sr. SE Manager and 787 Functional Integration Domain Leader. Developed and integrated processes and tools to support on-board systems and SW design using Macroscope methods.
- SE Manager and New Product Development Team Leader, E-3B AWACS. Specified and implemented capability upgrades, defined interfaces and documented ICDs for new HW and SW elements incorporated into legacy E-3B system architecture (existing aircraft mods).
- SE Manager and Traffic Flow Management Product Development Team Leader, Boeing Air Traffic Management. Lead development of new flow-management upgrades for the FAA National Airspace System Command Center, Herndon, VA.
- SE Manager, Sea Launch. Definition and implementation of payload accommodations and payload integration facility, developed payload ICDs. Launch services proposal manager.
- Lead engineer, 777 Horizontal Integration Team. Developed interface definition and provided integration support across traditional design team structure for systems first integrated (no longer federated) system architecture on Boeing Commercial aircraft.
Grumman Aerospace Corp (6 years) – Engineering Development and Integration
- Hands-on avionics-upgrades, integration, and testing on OV-1D Mohawk airplane
- Field service representative to US Army in RoK
EDUCATION & SIGNIFICANT TRAINING:
- AS9100 Standard Auditor Training, SAI Global, Seattle, WA – 2008
- AS9100 Internal Auditor Training, DNV Training, Seattle, WA – 2007
- EVMS, Analysis of Data, Network Scheduling, Boeing Training, St Louis, MO – 2006
- Leading from the Middle, Boeing Leadership Center, St Louis, MO – 2005
- Program Managers Workshop, Boeing Leadership Center, St Louis, MO – 2002
- Advanced Systems Planning, Research, Development, and Engineering Course, Defense Systems Management College, Ft, Belvoir, VA – 2000
- BSEE (1982) and MSEE (1983), University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
LinkedIn Personal Profile